Ocular conditions are eye diseases that negatively affect the health of the eyes and a patient’s vision. These conditions can occur at any stage and age in life. These diseases are so many and affect the different functioning of the eyes. Though most of the ocular conditions usually affect older adults in society, healthy young people can also be prone to them. It is best for anyone with these conditions to seek the help of an eye doctor as early detection is very crucial. At Accent Eyes in the BelAir area, you will find treatments for all sort of these common eye problems.
Some of the common ocular conditions that can be diagnosed and treated at our BelAir neighborhood clinic at Phoenix include:
• Blepharitis – this brings about inflammation on the eyelashes and eyelids.
• Cataracts – A common ocular condition that usually affects older people. It occurs when there is an opacity or clouding of the eye’s usual internal lens.
• Diabetic Eye Disease – The name tells it all. These are a group of ocular conditions that people with type 1 or 2 diabetes are prone to.
• Pink Eye – Another name conjunctivitis, pink eye is a common infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is a thin tissue that covers the eyes’ surfaces as well as the inner parts of the eyelids.
• Macular Degeneration- This is an eye disease that can last long thus causing the deterioration of the macula, which is the spot at the center of the retina.
• Glaucoma – Glaucoma is a disease which causes an escalation in the eyes’ intraocular pressure. This, consequently, leads to the destruction of the optic nerve.
For more information on ocular conditions as well as their diagnosis and treatment processes, have a look at our website AccentEyes.com. You can also come to our BelAir area clinic and let us offer you our exceptional ophthalmic services.