Our optometric vision center in AZ can help answer all of the questions you might ask regarding the importance of vision therapy. Perhaps the most popular question is:
Does vision therapy help?
The list below contains some of the reasons why you should consider vision therapy for your child:
- Treatment for vision related learning problems
- Visual skills can be developed until they become automatic and integrated with other visual as well as cognitive skills
- Benefits of VT, which include improved visual information processing and sustained visual function over time, are as applicable to the child in the classroom as they are to the adult using a computer or reading a book
- According to the American Optometric Association, 35-40% of all children with learning disabilities have visual problems
Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD? This diagnosis overlaps with many visual-related learning problems!
- Symptoms for ADD/ADHD same as many vision problems.
- Vision therapy has been found to help manage many of the symptoms associated with ADD/ADHD.
Considered using Sports Vision Training for a Competitive Edge?
- AEC has a sports VT regimen to help you perform at your optimum (known to improve coordination, concentration, accuracy, and balance).
- Optometric vision therapy can improve visual function much like physical therapy can improve general motor function.
- Strong visual skills are critical to sports success.